Gruner Ltd is based in Basel. As the Gruner Group’s parent company, it provides an umbrella for member companies in Switzerland and abroad. Founded in 1862, the company became a joint-stock company in 1970.
The company is independent, being owned by its founder families, management and employees. The Board of Directors of Gruner Ltd is the Group’s supreme governing body. It has appointed the Executive Committee as the Group’s supreme operational management body.
Gruner Ltd combines independently acting and organizationally integrated operating units into different divisions and regions.
The parent company provides the corporate functions of Finance, Human Resources, IT, Marketing and Legal for the entire Group.
The operating units handle high-profile projects throughout Switzerland and abroad.
- Flavio Casanova, Civil Engineer (ETH) (Managing director)
- Jon Mengiardi, Civil Engineer (ETH) MSc Environment Engineering (deputy)
- Edi Grass, Cultural Engineer (ETH)
- Kurt Rau, Civil Engineer (ETH)
- Claudio Stern, Civil Engineer (ETH)