Unteres Seetal / links to A1 freeway
The Canton of Aargau Department of Civil Engineering, Transport and Environment (BVU) commissioned Gruner Ltd to develop a network strategy for the Unteres Seetal region and the local links to the A1 freeway.
Various short-, medium- and long-term measures were drawn up, each taking due account of the interdependencies between urban and transport development. Through the definition of staggered planning horizons, it was possible to frame a strategy that is both long-term and upwardly compatible. By enabling planners to respond to shifting trends in urban and transport development, it will offer high planning certainty.
The following services were provided during the development of the associated strategy plans:
- Spatial and traffic analysis
- Conducting structured interviews with municipal authorities
- Specification of staggered planning horizons
- Development of transport measures and alternatives
- Cost-effectiveness analysis
- Comprehensive traffic modeling with VISUM
- Analysis of consultation feedback