Roche Building 2
As part of the modernization of its historic site in Basel, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd is erecting Building 2: this office building will be 205 m tall and located directly opposite the new Building 1, which is already in operation.
Following the demolition of the existing Building 43, the construction of Building 2 required excavation to a depth of 20 m as well as 103 large bored piles as foundation piles on an area of 2,400 m² in the groundwater.
- Specialized planning for the following phases: preliminary study, main design, submission and production information
- Demolition/deconstruction, excavation enclosure, foundation as combined pile-raft foundation, bracing slab
- Deformation forecasts for the excavation pit walls, foundation and neighboring buildings due to the excavation of the pit, installation of anchors and foundation
- Overall and specialized technical construction management for the demolition, excavation enclosure, foundation as combined pile-raft foundation, bracing slap
Services provided by Gruner Ltd's Structural Maintenance Department comprise:
- Preservation of evidence, monitoring of noise and vibrations