Gotthard Base Tunnel North
In 1994, the Gotthard Base Tunnel North engineering consortium was commissioned with the complex design work for the Amsteg section.
The 11.4 km Amsteg section of the Gotthard Base Tunnel between Amsteg and Sedrun crosses the Aare Massif and various fault zones. The Amsteg section includes the following structures:
- Two single-track tubes (L = 2 x 11,4 km)
- Intermediate point of attack (access tunnel, L = 1.8 km)
- Cable tunnels (L = 1.9 km)
- 38 cross-passages
- Caverns for traction power supply
- Extensive external works: rerouting of cantonal road, utility lines, material management, siding, and tunnel water treatment facilities, tunnel water treatment and drainage during construction phase, water supply and disposal
Project period: 1994 – 2012
Services: As consortium member: plans for public display incl. supervision of building permit procedure (public display/handling of objections), main design, tendering procedure, production information, detailed design and site supervision
Read more about the Gotthard Base Tunnel.